Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: A little help with an Aurelian IOVI CONSER  (Read 419 times)

Offline tetrico

• Consul
  • Caius Pius Esuvius Tetricus - Princeps Iuventutis
A little help with an Aurelian IOVI CONSER
« on: February 23, 2021, 03:37:15 am »
Hi!
I ask you a little help with this antoninianus of Aurelian with IOVI CONSER reverse.
I'm not able to find in ric.mom.fr database the right number... my doubts are about the bust type that it looks not conventional...
I think the mint is Serdica and the issue is the 3rd... but the the bust type is different than the numbers 2586 and 2587 (http://www.ric.mom.fr/en/search/advanced?tempRIC=&asmSelect0=&asmSelect1=&asmSelect2=&asmSelect3=&asmSelect4=&asmSelect5=&asmSelect6=&Titulature=IMP+AVRELIANVS+AVG&asmSelect7=&Legend=IOVI+CONSER&asmSelect8=&asmSelect9=&ReverseMark=%E2%80%93%2F%E2%80%93%2F%2FP&asmSelect10=&asmSelect11=&BustDescription=&ReverseDescription=&Note=&Reference=&page=1&mod=result&hpp=100)

IMP AVRELIANVS AVG
IOVI CONSER, -/-//P

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
Re: A little help with an Aurelian IOVI CONSER
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:29:58 am »
Hi,

Serdica mint, emission 4, 1004 in Estiot's BN catalogue. Bust is radiate, cuirassed.

Regards,

Mauseus

Offline tetrico

• Consul
  • Caius Pius Esuvius Tetricus - Princeps Iuventutis
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 08:31:13 am »
Many thanks for your reply Mauseus!
are this piece also in ric.mom.fr database?
There is a number of known pieces in the BN catalogue?

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 08:48:47 am »
Hi,

Very odd but BNC 1004 is not in the RIC database. An oversight I think.

Regards,

Mauseus

All coins are guaranteed for eternity