Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Warning of ebay seller  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Germania Magna

• Praetorian
Warning of ebay seller
« on: November 20, 2020, 04:38:53 pm »
Searching French internet I came across the offers by this guy:

[REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Maybe the seller offered some authentic coins in the past.

Most of the coins he is offering right now seem to be fakes in my eyes, however.

Especially the Republican coins with their blurred surface are definitely fakes.

I also presume his sestertius coins to be fakes, evincing all the same style and lack of clearness in detail.

However, the warning goes for the denarius coins, above all.

So don`t think you will make a good deal there. ;-)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Warning of ebay seller
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 08:18:19 pm »
HOW TO NOMINATE A SELLER FOR THE NOTORIOUS FAKE SELLERS LIST!

Do not nominate a seller, post a seller's name or username, link to a seller's eBay listings or store or website unless you are certain some of their coins are fake. If you are uncertain, wait until a consensus is reached in discussion that at least some of their coins are fake.

Step 1)  If you are not certain the coins are fake, post some of the seller's coins that you suspect are fake. Do not include the sellers' name or a link. If you have found matching fakes on the Fake Coin Reports, say so. Upload the photos to the discussion board. Do not link to the photos on eBay or another website.

Step 2)  If you are certain the seller's coins are fake or, if originally uncertain, after consensus is reached that the coins are fake, then nominate the seller.  Only then should the seller be named and a link provided.

Step 3)  The nomination post or thread should have the subject, "NFSL nomination insert eBay username" or "Nomination of insert eBay username as a Notorious Fake Seller." The post should include the username and a link to the sellers' item list on eBay
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Germania Magna

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 11:18:23 am »
Nomination for the fake seller list:

joelldumortie_0  (ebay seller`s name)

All items list:

https://www.ebay.fr/sch/joelldumortie_0/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Note: Not all of his items are fakes (e.g. the Tetricus coins), but a considerable amount of them.

Change of name to be imminent, soon.

(My first links were set for discussion; in case my allegations had proven unsubstantial, the whole thread could have been removed, without any objections on my part, and is still open for deletion. I am not flawless myself, after all. But okay. Next time without any links first, if discussion is desired on my part. The links were added for the sake of a better survey, and because some offers were running out. I don`t have the time to take pics of all - relevant - items being offered. But there was no reaction anyway).

Offline okidoki

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 11:33:55 am »
if want discussion, just upload the pictures

All the Best,
Eric
There are no strangers, only friends you do not know yet.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 12:11:10 pm »
joelldumortie_0 added to the NFSL.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President