Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Hmmm... Not sure that is what I really wanted...  (Read 848 times)

Offline Mark F

• Praetorian
Hmmm... Not sure that is what I really wanted...
« on: November 17, 2020, 02:32:26 pm »
Got an email this morning from academia.edu with a suggested topic based upon some similar papers I'd download previously. The paper's topic was, "Treasures from the Deep: Coins from Hellenistic and Roman Republican Shipwrecks "

Sounded interesting so I downloaded it. Sadly, the title was truncated in the PDF file name and now I'm a bit nervous about opening it...

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
Re: Hmmm... Not sure that is what I really wanted...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 09:08:39 pm »
An under-collected area, indeed.   Although not one where you can really expect to visit, see the sights, and bring back modern snapshots.   Plus you need to give up a coin to pay the ferryman.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 09:09:24 am »
Wouldn't they all remain molten spherical blobs?  Or perhaps the fires of hell have lost some of their potency over the aeons and are cooler than advertised.

Anyway, that is why I prefer to collect Cthulhu's Chthonic Cistophori, they are much cooler....

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 10:58:35 pm »
Hi folks,

Wasn't that one of Dante's unfinished volumes? Perhaps someone has finally posthumously completed it.

Meepzorp

All coins are guaranteed for eternity