Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Fun Show Jan 2021  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
Fun Show Jan 2021
« on: November 05, 2020, 01:03:36 pm »
Anyone  planning on attending?

I have booked to attend Friday and the morning of Saturday.

Simon
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

Offline dwarf

• Consul
Re: Fun Show Jan 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 03:29:47 pm »
Are you sure that the show will take place?

Berlin´s World Money Fair (end of January) has just been cancelled - officially only "postponed"

Klaus

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 04:10:54 pm »
Its legal in Florida  and as of now its on but I have no idea who is exhibiting. Its not listed. I hope I will find something new to me there.

The company I work for has done several successful events at hotels throughout Florida, I have attended one. I head out to Las Vegas for another in a few weeks.  One big difference is all the attendees at our events had to have a covid test. Not fool proof but it has worked. However even after the vaccine comes out for this type of Covid I foresee myself wearing a mask  for a long time, I do not think the danger will disappear overnight.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 04:54:42 pm »
Not me. I will survive my isolation until a vaccine comes out. After that, I hope there is no worry and I expect there will be no worry for those of us who get the vaccine. I will get it at the earliest opportunity.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 07:39:19 pm »
   I am with Joe, play it safe when an activity is optional.
     Although I am very, very sad for the businesses and workers disrupted by COVID19,  I also have photos of the stacked-up refrigerator trucks outside the NYC Medical Examiner's Manhattan office in April and May.   A few blocks from my home
      Although treatment approaches are better understood than in April, once a hospital hits capacity of patients needing that treatment ... you need the trucks.

Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 09:39:18 pm »
Even if there is room at the hospital. I sure don't want to need it. In my family, my youngest daughter, a nephew, and my brother have had COVID.  My daughter and nephew had cases milder than a cold. My brother had high fever and a horrible headache for 10 days, and of course the whole time concerned that it might get worse and that his wife might catch it from him. Not fun. I prefer not to find out how it will affect me.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 10:25:46 pm »
Exactly what Joe said.

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 06:18:01 pm »
A friend's daughter had a 'moderate' case and was quite ill for three months, coughing constantly day and night. Don't take the risk!
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 04:02:37 pm »
Dear Simon,

As per the announcement today from the FUN Show Board of Directors, the FUN Show Housing and Hotel Team has cancelled your hotel reservation(s). We look forward to seeing you in July at the Summer FUN Show. We wish you a very safe, healthy, and happy holiday season and look forward to 2021.
This serves as your official cancellation confirmation. There is nothing further you need to do. Please keep the following cancellation number for your records:

Thank you,

Official FUN Show Reservations Team
DF Meetings & Events

So no show.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity