Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 2021 Calendar  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Blayne W

• Consul
2021 Calendar
« on: December 04, 2020, 04:02:10 pm »
Just received my 2021 Calendar and want to show it off.  Very happy with it.  My wife rolls her eyes so need to show it to some people who maybe appreciate it.   Made one up the past three years.  All of these are my coins but some haven't made my Gallery yet.

Last years I had text describing the coin, but as it just sits hanging on my credenza at work, I wanted it just be something more to look at.  Plus I had put it off getting ordered so had to rush it for the Black Friday sales.

Hope you like.  For ease of viewing I tried to make it so I wasn't loading all the scans, so hopefully this gives you the idea .

Blayne

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: 2021 Calendar
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 07:39:19 pm »
Well, no eye rolling here.  Just admiration.

January is my favourite month, given my interests. 

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Carausius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Forum Gallery:
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 08:41:58 pm »
Very nice!  For 2022, I suggest a Roman Republican coin of the Julia gens for July and an Augustus for August.   ;)

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 09:32:21 pm »
Cool!

Online quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 12:48:41 am »
Nice idea...

Joe
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline Blayne W

• Consul
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 12:33:59 pm »
Shawn I am getting so many of those Campgates I just couldnt just have 1 showing for the month.

Carausius that is a great idea.   In hind sight pretty obvious.  One of my wants is a Julius Caesar -so might have more of a time limit now to get it for next year. :)

Offline Carausius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Forum Gallery:
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 12:44:48 pm »
Perhaps also a coin with Janus for January.  

I'm an "arm-chair" calendar designer.   ;D

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 01:27:37 pm »
If we're going by month names, then March should be for Mars.

July thru December (original months 5-10) were originally all numerically named (July was Quintilis before it was given to Julius Caesar, August was Sextilis), so maybe have a republican collector version with all numbers, and an imperial/imperatorial version with Caesar and Augustus.

As an LRB collector I'd go with :Greek_Delta: :Greek_epsilon: (avoiding the inauspicious officina theta, first letter of thanatos = death) for month 9 (September), but plenty of numerical references that could be chosen for the numerical months.

Ben

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 01:59:21 pm »
Hi BW,

Nice idea! :)

Meepzorp

Online Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 02:56:22 pm »
This looks great!  I really should make one with various man-faced bulls.

Offline Blayne W

• Consul
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 03:13:42 pm »
Molinari it is actually pretty easy-I use an online printer (not sure if I can state its name) but makes things pretty easy.  Paid 35 CAD for the Calendar, a mouse pad and a notebook which had one of the images on it.  I am a sucker for the up sell at check out.

I did wonder at one point if there would have been interest in a Forum calendar, like the best of ....   for different specialties Greek Roman republican ect.  But I figured its also just nice having a calendar of my own coins.

Looks like going forward I am going to have to put more thoughts on my monthly picks, rather then rushing my order last week lol

I have attached the two previous years calendars for you to see how I have progressed.  

2019 was done after only 2 months of collecting so I was pretty limited to a few purchases but mostly uncleaneds

I do like last years though sadly only had 12 coins highlighted.  And after Carausius pointed me at the obvious I am reluctant to point out I have an Augustus coin for July...

Offline Carausius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Forum Gallery:
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 03:35:14 pm »
And after Carausius pointed me at the obvious I am reluctant to point out I have an Augustus coin for July...

;D. There's always next year. 

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 06:56:10 pm »
This looks great!  I really should make one with various man-faced bulls.

With filleted horns for Christmas?  ☺ 

~ Peter

All coins are guaranteed for eternity