Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING!!! WE ARE OPEN AND SHIPPING!!! We Are Working From Home, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks, And Sanitizing To Pack Orders!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958 Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING!!! WE ARE OPEN AND SHIPPING!!! We Are Working From Home, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks, And Sanitizing To Pack Orders!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  History and Archeology (Moderator: David Atherton)  |  Topic: Cursed...Tourist returns stolen artifacts to Pompeii after suffering 'curse' for 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cursed...Tourist returns stolen artifacts to Pompeii after suffering 'curse' for  (Read 218 times)
Vincent
Caesar

« on: October 12, 2020, 08:05:24 pm »

CNN) — A Canadian woman has returned five artifacts she took from Pompeii in 2005, saying they have plagued her with bad luck.
The woman, identified only as Nicole, sent two white mosaic tiles, two pieces of amphora vase and a piece of ceramic wall to the Archaeological Park of Pompeii, along with a letter explaining her decision.
"I wanted to have a piece of history that couldn't be bought," wrote the woman, who said she was "young and dumb" at the time.
Since returning to Canada, she said, she has suffered two bouts of breast cancer, resulting in a double mastectomy, and her family has also been in financial trouble.

Glad she didn't blame it all on some pocket change found there!😜
In all seriousness, hope this act of redemption turns things around for her and the family
PMah
Caesar

Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 05:27:42 pm »

I am very sympathetic to the cursed Canadian.  In 2016, in Ostia Antica, I experienced a hole ripped in my last clean sock and a painful cut by a mere 1/2 cm brick fragment that lodged in my shoe. I limped through the odeon and had to buy 4 gelati when back within the walls.   Personally,  though, I believe it was placed there by the surly ticket-seller, who seemed to be in a fugue state because I did not have exact change for something like €37.82 entrance fees for three people.

Be Well, Masks Work, Stay Healthy!

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6790
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 06:30:14 pm »

...and had to buy 4 gelati...

Smiley

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
otlichnik
Tribunus Plebis 2016
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 07:48:27 am »

Had to buy 4 gelati!!!

You were blessed and not cursed!

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  History and Archeology (Moderator: David Atherton)  |  Topic: Cursed...Tourist returns stolen artifacts to Pompeii after suffering 'curse' for « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop