Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Cursed...Tourist returns stolen artifacts to Pompeii after suffering 'curse' for  (Read 828 times)

Offline Vincent

• Caesar
CNN) — A Canadian woman has returned five artifacts she took from Pompeii in 2005, saying they have plagued her with bad luck.
The woman, identified only as Nicole, sent two white mosaic tiles, two pieces of amphora vase and a piece of ceramic wall to the Archaeological Park of Pompeii, along with a letter explaining her decision.
"I wanted to have a piece of history that couldn't be bought," wrote the woman, who said she was "young and dumb" at the time.
Since returning to Canada, she said, she has suffered two bouts of breast cancer, resulting in a double mastectomy, and her family has also been in financial trouble.

Glad she didn't blame it all on some pocket change found there!😜
In all seriousness, hope this act of redemption turns things around for her and the family

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
I am very sympathetic to the cursed Canadian.  In 2016, in Ostia Antica, I experienced a hole ripped in my last clean sock and a painful cut by a mere 1/2 cm brick fragment that lodged in my shoe. I limped through the odeon and had to buy 4 gelati when back within the walls.   Personally,  though, I believe it was placed there by the surly ticket-seller, who seemed to be in a fugue state because I did not have exact change for something like €37.82 entrance fees for three people.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Had to buy 4 gelati!!!

You were blessed and not cursed!

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity