Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Bonus, no coins - but still old and interesting!  (Read 933 times)

Coinman L

Bonus, no coins - but still old and interesting!
« on: September 24, 2020, 11:43:51 am »
These two pieces are also interesting (in my humble opinion), If mods doesnt like this threads please move or remove it  :'(

I belive the "S" is part of a chain, but I am less sure about the "triangle".

Could anyone point me in the right direction, about where I could get more knowledge about these two pieces?

"S"

Size: 39 mm x 12 mm
Weight 8. 55 g

"Triangle" (Religious?)

Size 21 mm x 19 mm
Weight 2.87 g

Sorry for off topic!

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Bonus, no coins - but still old and interesting!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 08:08:51 pm »
Welcome Aphorismi!

It is best to split antiquities into separate threads too, like coins.  Maybe even more so as they can be totally different objects.

We can leave these together for now but if you (hopefully) post more items just split them up.

I agree with you re the chain.  Likely for a pot or cauldron type object. Hard to tell age - Roman, medieval, earlier??

I think that the other item is likely a medieval horse-strap decoration.  You can see some similar items if you search through the PAS website - the UK's Portable Antiquities Scheme

https://finds.org.uk/counties/findsrecordingguides/guides-az-by-image/

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Coinman L

Re: Bonus, no coins - but still old and interesting!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 12:29:12 pm »
Okay thank you!

I will check the links and post in the thread if I find something!  :)

I will remember about the one-item policy in the future!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity