Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Lead Pilgrims Badge with Monogram? Uncertain Date and ID  (Read 607 times)

Offline v-drome

• Caesar
Lead Pilgrims Badge with Monogram? Uncertain Date and ID
« on: September 19, 2020, 01:15:59 am »
Hi, all.  I posted a lead pilgrim's badge a few years ago that I thought was Peter and Paul with a cross between them.  I assumed this was a medieval Crusader piece, but now I am not so sure.  I have been making new photos of some of our lead artifacts, and now I think it may be a monogram between the figures.  The lower portion of the badge is missing, so there may have been more to it, and the "monogram" is far from clear, but any new ideas regarding the reading and who is represented, and the possible date would be appreciated.  
Thanks, again, V-drome

BCC L7 Pilgrim's Badge
Lead Pilgrim’s Badge
Uncertain Roman Date or 12th-13th century Medieval?
Obv: Facing portraits of Sts. Peter? and Paul?,
between them uncertain cruciform monogram.
Rev: Blank
Attachment loops survive on the upper corners.
Lower portion broken in antiquity.
27x19mm. (excluding loops) 6.41gm.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-96940

Click for Larger Pic

All coins are guaranteed for eternity