Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Request: Maurice "Numismatique Constantinienne" plate picture  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Request: Maurice "Numismatique Constantinienne" plate picture
« on: September 07, 2020, 11:31:36 am »
Does anyone have access to Maurice's Numismatique Consantinienne, and might be able to copy a plate photo (cell phone photo, perhaps) for me?

The coin I am interested in is Volume I Plate XXII # 8 (mentioned on p.383). It's a Consecratio solidus for Constantius I from Trier.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help!

Ben

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Request: Maurice "Numismatique Constantinienne" plate picture
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 06:43:08 pm »
Victor Clark has kindly provided a picture of the plate.

Ben

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Request: Maurice "Numismatique Constantinienne" plate picture
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 08:36:29 am »
Thanks, Altamura !

It's great to be able to browse through the plates.

I'm still waiting (without holding my breath) for the BnF to get the rest of their collection online, but in the meantime Maurice's plates do offer a couple of glimpses, such as the reverse of this Licinius II Felicia Tempora (obverse picture from WikiMedia) in glorious condition, and this unusual Maxentius comiti avg n' target='_blank'>Marti Comiti Avg N (RIC 218) which reverse I've never seen before. One of the British Museum's Liberator Orbis (Constantine type, unlisted in RIC) specimens is there too.

Ben

All coins are guaranteed for eternity