Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Celtic Kugelwange  (Read 1978 times)

G L

Celtic Kugelwange
« on: September 01, 2020, 10:06:08 pm »
Just want to show off my new celtic coin from collection

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Re: Celtic Kugelwange
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 03:43:21 pm »
A handsome coin--and if you would crop photos, we could see larger images.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 07:35:49 pm »
Looks like a beauty. Can you give us more details on it? I mean where is it from? I love Celtic coins, just don't know much about them in detail. Where is this one from?

Thanks,
Virgil

Offline Anaximander

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 03:36:40 pm »
It might be helpful to have a look at other Kugelwange coins posted here in the members' galleries (which includes my own) example. 

Arguably yours could be described as Ball Cheek type, if we are to listen to another poster's comment:
<<This type is commonly called the Kugelwange 'Ball cheek' type because of a prominent raised ball as a cheek on the head of Zeus. These coins are mostly found in the region of Syrmia between the rivers Danube and Sava, which is divided today between Serbia in the East and Croatia in the west.>> (simmurray).

Mark R1 also has some useful comments in his post about the Macedonian precedents.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity