Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Seeking Specific Information on Roman Coin Hoards - LRB field and exergual marks  (Read 584 times)

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
I am looking for detailed information about hoards containing late Roman bronze coinage from 348 to 378, especially FEL TEMP REPARATIO, SPES REIPVBLICE and the Valentinianic GLORIA ROMANORVM and SECVRITAS REIPVBLICAE types.

However, I am looking specifically for any books, reports or references that list such coins by full field and exergual marks, not in entries that only break such coinage down by Emperor, type or even mint.  

I have found plenty of hoard listings providing these more limited details, but unfortunately they are insufficient for my ongoing work related to series and issues of these coinages.

For example, I would be grateful if anyone able to confirm if any of the entries in any of the Coin Hoards from Roman Britain volumes includes such level of detail.

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity