Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Where to find pdfs of old Glendining sale catalogues online?  (Read 606 times)

William H5

Hi.
I have a medieval coin for which I am trying to research the provenance. Part of this research necessarily entails trawling back through old sale catalogues. Does any one know of good on-line sites that hold pdf image copies of old sale catalogues? In particular, I am trying to find a copy of the Glendining sale catalogue for the Ryan collection on 22nd January 1952. FYI, I have tried sites such as the 'Internet Archive', but this only has a limited number of Glendining catalogues.
Any thoughts / pointers very gratefully received.
Cheers,
W Harding         

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Re: Where to find pdfs of old Glendining sale catalogues online?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 02:41:57 pm »
You can try the Newman Numismatic Portal.....click on LIBRARY and then search for Glendinings.

https://nnp.wustl.edu/

William H5

Re: Where to find pdfs of old Glendining sale catalogues online?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 03:45:22 pm »
Many thanks for this advice. I forgot to mention that I was taken to this source when following the 'Internet Archive'. It is really excellent! However, Glendining catalogues only go up to 1923, so unfortunately an incomplete source.
Thanks again.
W

All coins are guaranteed for eternity