Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Source for “Kroll 8” Athenian tetradrachm  (Read 1515 times)

Mads P

Source for “Kroll 8” Athenian tetradrachm
« on: May 28, 2020, 08:24:51 am »
Hello,
I recently won this beautiful owl at an auction, and would love some help with finding informations. It’s described/categorised as “Kroll 8” and dated to between 440-404 BC, mid-mass coinage issue.
I’ve skimmed through Kroll’s “Athenian Agora” (1993), but couldn’t find any relevant passages. Which work is “Kroll 8” referring to? I have looked at the wiki, and the threads consolidating online resources, as well as the forum for new collectors, but can’t really find any info about the categorisation itself.

Sorry if this is a newbie question, or if I’ve just managed to skip over it while searching through the document. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Source for “Kroll 8” Athenian tetradrachm
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 09:42:48 am »

Mads P

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 08:00:09 am »
Thank you kindly for the links, seems I did skip right over it! If you would happen to have any recommendations for further reading on this issue of the coins I would definitely appreciate it :)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:55:33 am »
Notice that the name Kroll turns blue anytime it is typed here on the Classical Numismatic Discussion. Blue indicates it is a link - click it.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Mads P

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 09:08:47 am »
Oh look at that, very convenient, thanks again!

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 10:40:05 am »
There are 12329 names, terms and phrases that will turn blue here and have pages in NumisWiki and more are added almost daily.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity