Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: curiosity  (Read 720 times)

Offline AlfaOmega

• Consul
curiosity
« on: May 08, 2020, 11:17:33 am »
His ae Fustina II for Pautalia should originally be the 4490 of Varbanov.
 Evidently the person who had to use the hammer or similar to give the minting had to be either drunk or I don't explain it.
 There are riveted coins, but this surpasses all of them, in fact present both on the obverse and on the reverse one overlapping of the overlapping obverse and reverse, so many that one does not understand anything.
I will post the face of the coin twice, in two different topics it deals in each topic of the obverse or reverse, to understand the only face of the coin that needs a rotation to see the two figures contained.
I don't think it takes fantasy to see them both.
 the second woman I presumed Faustina. this is the first side of the coin.
thank you for your opinions.
Regards

Offline AlfaOmega

• Consul
Re: curiosity
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 11:18:51 am »
other side

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: curiosity
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 12:11:28 pm »
double strike with a turn over of the coin.

Nice example

The only thing I can read is ΟVΛΠ in the hair of Faustina (picture 2). This could be Pautalia (ΟVΛΠΙΑϹ ΠΑVΤΑΛΙΑϹ)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity