Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING!!! WE ARE OPEN AND SHIPPING!!! We Are Working From Home, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks, And Sanitizing To Pack Orders!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958 Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING!!! WE ARE OPEN AND SHIPPING!!! We Are Working From Home, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks, And Sanitizing To Pack Orders!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  The Members' Gallery (Moderators: Robert_Brenchley, *Alex, Enodia)  |  Topic: "Benito" CNG Tribute 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Benito" CNG Tribute  (Read 347 times)
Optimo Principi
Parasitica Cliens
Caesar

« on: May 07, 2020, 06:45:18 am »

Apologies I am sure this must have already been posted but I can't find it. CNG have a nice tribute to "Benito" in their latest catalogue, a gentleman and Forvm member with a true love for coins and whose collection was a real marvel. Here for those who have not seen it.

Molinari
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

My defeat, if understood, should be my glory

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 06:54:51 am »

I had no idea "Benito" passed away.  RIP Ramon!

shanxi
Tribunus Plebis 2018
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 07:01:50 am »

His wonderful collection is still part of the Member's Gallery:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=27512

quadrans
Tribunus Plebis 2019
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 09:05:58 am »

Very sad news... Embarrassed

Joe/Q.

Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Leave the gun, take the Canoli!

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 11:37:21 am »

I really enjoyed speaking with him and was even privileged to touch up a few of his photos.  Sad to hear of his passing, I had no idea.  I often wondered what happened. 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=18312

IG: @artisan.flooring
J. Grande
simmurray
Consul

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 01:55:36 pm »

Was looking through the CNG auctions today and noticed the Benito collection; it’s very sad to read it was Benito off Forum and my thoughts are with his family and the tribute above is a very nice touch.

Just had a look through Benito’s gallery and what a collection.

Steve

cicerokid
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 05:27:01 am »

The Sadigh gallery have lost a life-long friend. That is how I first remember his posts and his motto.
RIP Benito

Timeo Danaos afferentem coronas
Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Leave the gun, take the Canoli!

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 06:20:11 am »

I tried adding a Benito coin to my collection but was outbid quite soundly on the lots I was after.  I think many experienced the same fate.

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=18312

IG: @artisan.flooring
J. Grande
simmurray
Consul

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 08:11:59 am »

I tried adding a Benito coin to my collection but was outbid quite soundly on the lots I was after.  I think many experienced the same fate.

I certainly tried for a couple but wasn’t even close but to be fair it wasn’t a surprise as his coins are just perfect in most cases

Thanks
Steve

orfew
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 10:56:59 am »

I managed to land a nice rare Domitian from his collection. I will post it to my gallery within a few days.

n.igma
Caesar

Life is bigger than a Tweet.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 08:26:16 pm »

Benito was certainly an enigmatic personality exemplified by cryptic, funny and sometimes outright bewildering Forum posts.

Even in his passing this continues.

Refer to the dates in his CNG obituary, and the date of his last activity on the board detailed in his member profile... still active three years later!

"quousque tandem abutere Sadigh pecunia nostra"  - quixotic to the end!

Vale Benito. You continue to bring a smile to my face!

All historical inquiry is contingent and provisional, and our own prejudices will in due course come under scrutiny by our successors.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  The Members' Gallery (Moderators: Robert_Brenchley, *Alex, Enodia)  |  Topic: "Benito" CNG Tribute « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop