Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help needed to read Byzantine glass weight with legend  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Mike C2

• Consul
Help needed to read Byzantine glass weight with legend
« on: January 29, 2020, 12:05:12 pm »
Dear Board;
Help needed to read Byzantine glass weight with legend- Weight of 1 Semissis [half Nomisma].20mm-2,1g- Facing bust of an unknown eparch holding scroll; around, illegible?marginal  legend. Rev./Blank.Close to Bendall 186 var-Pale light green glass
Great Thanks in advance for all help

Online Gert

• Procurator Monetae
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My Vcoins store
Re: Help needed to read Byzantine glass weight with legend
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 03:37:51 pm »
I think better and larger photos will be necessary. Try photographing with an angle to accentuate the shades of the letters. From what I see there might be enough detail to read something.
Gert

Offline Mike C2

• Consul
Re: Help needed to read Byzantine glass weight with legend
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 02:01:22 am »
This is the best angle,i did several others but this photo still the best
Great thanks Gert for all your help
All the bests

All coins are guaranteed for eternity