Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: The three emperor coins of Carausius supplement  (Read 1071 times)

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
The three emperor coins of Carausius supplement
« on: March 05, 2020, 04:49:55 pm »
Hi,

Since my original pubilcation in 2009 of the three emperor coins of Carausius a number of additional specimens have come to light, expanding the list from 167 types known to me to 203. I have uploaded a composite supplement to my academia.edu site for people to download free, at:

https://independent.academia.edu/RichardBourne1

It should go without saying that I am keen to learn of varieties not included in this listing.

Regards,

Mauseus

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
Re: The three emperor coins of Carausius supplement
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 07:57:44 am »
There was also a French article about these about 60 years ago (by H-G Pflaum in Revue numismatique, 1959, Volume 6) which I translated and put on the pw-protected page of my RIC lists page (I can't update my RIC lists pages here on Forum because the ftp access changed and mine doesn't work any more).
If anyone wants a copy of the translation pdf - it's only 202 kb and 12 pages - just send me an email.

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 09:27:34 pm »
PS mauseus, my dear - the url is
www.wildwinds.com  (with an s)
not
www.wildwind.com

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 12:08:31 pm »
Thanks Dane. Don't make me check your homework for typos, lol. Next time I boot the pc up I'll correct it.

Mauseus

All coins are guaranteed for eternity