Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Probably Philip II hybrid with standards  (Read 471 times)

Offline timka

• Caesar
Probably Philip II hybrid with standards
« on: March 24, 2020, 06:40:44 pm »
Hi!

I would like to share an interesting antoninianus, - I could not find another one on acsearch and numismatics.org/ocre. It seems to be Philip II, but not a common type of Philip Arab with standards. RIC says it must be a hybrid (RIC 248 Antioch).

21mm - 3,8 g - 11h

Thank you for your time, and all stay well and healthy.

Z.

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Probably Philip II hybrid with standards
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 07:34:14 am »
There are 6 examples cited for Philip II here:-

http://marchal.thibaut.free.fr/e_number.htm

Offline timka

• Caesar
Re: Probably Philip II hybrid with standards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:57:55 am »
Thank you very much for sharing, very much appreciated! I didnt know about this resource.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity