Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Byzantine or arab byzantine coin help.  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Darren L2

• Praetorian
Byzantine or arab byzantine coin help.
« on: February 23, 2020, 09:23:47 am »
Hi all, can any member help me identify this coin, is it byzantine or arab imitation ?
Thanks for any help.

Offline Byzantofil

• Consul
Re: Byzantine or arab byzantine coin help.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 12:38:48 pm »
Judging by the distorted inscriptions, this is an Arab-Byzantine imitation of year III Constant II "INPER CONST" type follis. Such imitations are relatively common and some are of high quality portraiture.

Offline Darren L2

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 03:00:34 pm »
Thanks for the reply, I have searched through countless arab byzantine types but all these bust types have an arabic inscription in exergue and they all at least attempt to copy the Inper const lettering, my coin has the letters TNo to right of bust and NOA in exergue . Would really hope someone might provide an example of a coin similar to mine.
thanks again  +++

Offline Byzantofil

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 02:18:14 pm »
There's the similar imitations:

All coins are guaranteed for eternity