Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Attribution of Another Judaean Prutah  (Read 380 times)

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Attribution of Another Judaean Prutah
« on: February 16, 2020, 08:16:45 pm »
This is the last of the four prutot that I got at the NYINC. I think it is a Hendin 1161 (480), Meshorer TJC S, Meshorer AJC H, obverse completely illegible imitative of Hebrew inscription. Any thoughts? Stkp

Offline Chaim S

• Legionary
Re: Attribution of Another Judaean Prutah
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 05:43:04 pm »
Hi,

This is an overstrike. You can see the circular undertype clearly. It is a Hendin 1149.

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 06:43:49 pm »
Thank you again. I will be correcting the attribution. Stkp

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 07:05:05 pm »
Corrected, and your assistance is noted in my gallery, Chaim. Thanks once again. Stkp

All coins are guaranteed for eternity