Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Coins (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: A few of my coins 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A few of my coins  (Read 217 times)
cro321
Legionary

« on: January 13, 2020, 08:01:05 am »

Hello everyone,

I collect only large ancient coins and thought I'd share some of my favorites. They're not extremely rare of expensive ones but I like them. I might create a gallery one day if I have the time and will, but for now here are just a few:

okidoki
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 08:26:19 am »

seems a nice collection

here you can post them as well

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?board=31.0

All the Best,
Eric
There are no strangers, only friends you do not know yet.
http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270
Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Leave the gun, take the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 10:37:14 am »

Nice portraits.  You should start a gallery.

My Gallery: http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=18312

IG: @artisan.flooring
J. Grande
frgreg
Praetorian

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 11:31:34 am »

Collect what you like - these look great!
quadrans
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 02:08:00 pm »

Nice examples... Smiley Thumbs Up

Q.

otlichnik
Tribunus Plebis 2016
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 03:16:03 pm »

FREE THE EMPERORS!!! wreath2

By which I mean consider springing them from their plastic-wrap.  As long as you don't handle your coins while eating tacos or gardening, your hands shouldn't affect ancient patinated coins.  And the wrapping risks trapping moisture.  And it is much nicer to actually handle them.

Nice collection.

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)
cro321
Legionary

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 05:26:28 pm »

Thank you all for the replies!   Cheesy

I keep them in 2x2 because of easy storage, they fit nicely in an album and don't take up much space all together. Also I like to write the RIC number and some basic info on the flips. For now I'm just trying to collect one of each emperor/empress, preferably large bronze with a nice portrait. Smiley
PMah
Consul

Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 07:48:21 pm »

Thank you all for the replies!   Cheesy

I keep them in 2x2 is storage, they fit nicely in an album and don't take up much space all together. Also I like to write the RIC number and some basic info on the flips. For now I'm just trying to collect one of each emperor/empress, preferably large bronze with a nice portrait. Smiley

Enjoy your coins!  Your goal of collecting every emperor and empress is very exciting and challenging.   If you can find the time to upload your photos,  you will get as much enjoyment as we do. 

My compromise suggestion on storage is to use 2x2 folding flips -- you keep a tag on one side and the coin on the other. 

Meepzorp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 05:40:04 am »

Hi cro,

Nice coins! Smiley

Meepzorp

Meepzorp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 05:42:07 am »

FREE THE EMPERORS!!! wreath2

Hi cro,

I agree with otl.

Meepzorp

Meepzorp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 05:45:15 am »

My compromise suggestion on storage is to use 2x2 folding flips -- you keep a tag on one side and the coin on the other. 

Hi cro,

This is an excellent suggestion. I was going to suggest it myself, but PMah beat me to it. That is how I store my coins.

Meepzorp

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Coins (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: A few of my coins « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop