Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Antiquities  |  Other Antiquities  |  Topic: Balochistan Bowl? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Balochistan Bowl?  (Read 276 times)
Robby R
Praetorian

« on: December 09, 2019, 07:38:19 pm »

I only purchased this piece to try and determine if what the dealer sells is real.

If genuine, I think it's ancient Balochistan.

I'm curious if you think this is so, and if so, what is the period and region for this piece?

I know some are repainted, but is there a site with diagnostic tools to seperate fakes, repainted pieces, and genuine? Is any of what is sold online genuine?

Thank you, and have a great day.

Robby Raccoon Against the World.
otlichnik
Tribunus Plebis 2016
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 07:48:43 pm »

Stylistically it appears to match the general Indus-valley style.  I can't speak regarding authenticity as I don't know enough about them.

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Antiquities  |  Other Antiquities  |  Topic: Balochistan Bowl? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop