Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: My newest addition  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
My newest addition
« on: November 29, 2019, 11:59:50 am »
Hi Friends,

I hope I hit the right folder for this one. Wanted to share one of my newest additions in my 2nd century AD collection of Tetradrachms. I liked the patina of this one and the coin is generally good enough for me to be collected, I thought.

Ancients Greek, Macedon. Under Roman Rule. First Meris. Ca. 167-148 BC. AR Tetradrachm
16.69 gr, 31 mm

Obverse: Bust of Artemis right, wearing stephane, bow and capped quiver over shoulder, all within circle of dots in tondo of Macedonian shield

Reverse: MAKEΔONΩN / ΠPΩTHΣ, club right; AP monogram above, oak crown around, thunderbolt behind

Reference: SNG Copenhagen 1310-1311.

Best wishes,
Burak

Offline Dino

• Procurator Caesaris
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Anyone have change for a hemidrachm?
    • My Gallery
Re: My newest addition
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 04:27:35 pm »
Congratulations!  Very nice.

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 04:48:07 pm »
Wow, nice one,  +++

Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 08:10:09 am »
A very nice example indeed.

Offline Anaximander

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 06:21:33 pm »
Impressive!  Nice style, well struck with very strong detail on the club, and the reverse in general. 
I'd welcome seeing your collection in the members gallery...  if you were inclined to share them.

Anaximander 

All coins are guaranteed for eternity