Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Please help to ID this coin  (Read 363 times)

George G2

Please help to ID this coin
« on: November 14, 2019, 01:47:59 pm »
Hi everyone. I have few coins here I could use help with. Going to post them separately. At 65 the issues I have with my eyes makes it difficult to differentiate between letters or reliefs even under strong magnification. I've managed to put together an extensive collection of ancient & medieval coins for my nephew's son. I was able to attribute most myself but this forum has definitely done many for me as well for which I am forever grateful, thank-you.

This coin is 9.5 grams and 25 mm at it's widest. Almost 3 mm thick.

Online Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
Re: Please help to ID this coin
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 02:10:24 pm »

Koinon of Macedon, like RPC IV, 4278:

https://rpc.ashmus.ox.ac.uk/coins/4/4278

Pekka K

George G2

Re: Please help to ID this coin