Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ordos Culture large bronze feline harness fitting  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Ordos Culture large bronze feline harness fitting
« on: November 25, 2019, 06:11:10 pm »
Dear Friends,

as an avid collector of Ordos culture items I am very proud of having this item and I wanted to share it with you.

Full description:

Ordos Culture large bronze feline harness fitting
144 mm, 113.61 gr

Ordos Culture bronze harness fitting, cast in open work depicting a feline figure with a serpent projecting from mouth, another serpent biting the animals tail. Rare piece in exceptional museum grade.

Dating to circa the second half of the 1st millennium B.C. Steppes region, Mongolia.

Ex- Walther G. von Krenner collection, acquired in the 1970's.
Author of "An identification Guide - Creatures Real and Imaginary in Chinese and Japanese Art"

Best wishes,
Burak

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Ordos Culture large bronze feline harness fitting
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 07:22:34 pm »
Fantastic item!  I have seen a few Ordos culture items on the market before but never one like this.  True museum quality!

Very large too!

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity