Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need help with what looks like a gallienus  (Read 357 times)

Offline Justin W

• Consul
  • Justin W
Need help with what looks like a gallienus
« on: October 24, 2019, 08:59:47 pm »
Hello, I have a coin which weighs 1.87 g and is 15.3 mm in size which I need help identifying. I believe it might be a Gallienus but I am not sure. Thank you for all the the help in advance.

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: Need help with what looks like a gallienus
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 12:30:55 pm »

Offline Justin W

• Consul
  • Justin W
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 12:40:30 pm »
Thanks a lot shanxi, I thought it might be victory but is weird it looks like a snake around her waist. But now that it’s narrowed down I will do more searching!

Regards,
Justin

Offline Justin W

• Consul
  • Justin W
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 12:53:48 pm »
I believe the coin may be RIC V Gallienus 373 if anyone can tell me what they think of that it would be much appreciated. I also was mistaken that is not a snake it is just part of the robe I believe.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity