Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Last ID Help question for the year.  (Read 310 times)

Offline James T2

• Praetorian
Last ID Help question for the year.
« on: October 21, 2019, 07:53:24 pm »
I have no clue where to start looking for this coin.  It is 19.11 mm and weighs 4.1 grams.  I do not know if that is writing on the Adverse or pictograms... Never seen a coin like this and I have cleaned 100's (still Novice). So if you can help it would be great.

Offline Constantine IV

• Caesar
  • Constantine IV
Re: Last ID Help question for the year.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 08:39:14 pm »
It is from the mint of Nicaea in the province of Bithynia, Asia Minor. Emperor is Severus Alexander, 222 - 235 A.D. It does not need any more cleaning. Overcleaned coins are not desirable. This is a common series from that city but there are some types that depict the legionary Aquila (with eagles atop).
"He who gives himself airs of importance, exhibits the credentials of impotence". ~ Decimus Laberius, 46 BCE

Offline James T2

• Praetorian
Re: Last ID Help question for the year.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 08:42:19 pm »
Thank you for the information and advice.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity