Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: ID Emperon on Roman coin SECVRITAS REIPVBLICAE, Victory walking left with wreath  (Read 393 times)

Offline James T2

• Praetorian
I have tried to Identify as much as possible.  Just can't find the right emperor and RIC.  The coin is SECVRITAS REIPVBLICAE, Victory walking left with a wreath, star over A (or 4) Mint appears DASISC so from Siscia.  Missing left side writing on the head side.  It is 15.83mm weighs 2.12 grams.  Any help is valuable.

Offline mdelvalle

• Caesar
  • Mi nombre es Mario
    • My collection on the web
Hi, I believe

AE3 of Valens, Siscia, 364-367 AD   
Obs: DN VALEN-S PF AVG, PDC   
Rev: SECVRITAS-REIPVBLICAE   Victory adv.  left, wreath and palm branch   
Exerge : DASISC   
left field: star over A   
RIC IX Siscia 7b, type vii   (C)

Offline James T2