Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Coins (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: Constantius II or Ivlian 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Constantius II or Ivlian  (Read 80 times)
Marcus Aurelius
Caesar

AVE CAESAR!MORITURI TE SALUTAMUS

« on: October 09, 2019, 01:39:53 pm »

Looks like Constantius II but i guess it is Julian II...Any help would be appreciated.

agord
Consul

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 02:41:55 pm »

Constantius II, Julian would not have a diadem. All Spes Republice  coins from Sirmium for Julian are as Caesar and bare headed.
Your coin would be RIC VIII Sirmium 81.
Marcus Aurelius
Caesar

AVE CAESAR!MORITURI TE SALUTAMUS

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 02:41:48 am »

Thank you.... i was confused with this Julian coin with diadem,Constantinopolis mint
So,only Julian Spes Republice coins minted in SIRM are without diadem...is that right?

agord
Consul

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 11:30:48 am »

The Spes coins minted while he was Caesar are bare headed, those minted after he took the title Augustus diademed. If my quick check is correct only 6 of the mints had issues with Julian as Augustus.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Coins (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: Constantius II or Ivlian « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop