Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: RPC website search engine - again  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: RPC website search engine - again
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 12:05:50 pm »
... The web application was developed by me during my free time (weekends and holidays). ...
Oh, I didn't know that, you haven't mentioned it.

… I welcome your suggestion, but – believe it or not – at the end of the day, that’s my decision...
For sure, I just wondered why you didn't say anything about my suggestion.

Regards

Altamura

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 01:43:38 pm »
There appears to be a source abbreviation missing from the Bibliography list. The letter G on its own.
It is given e.g. for coin 15722 (temporary)  as G: III, 481, no. 545 . Is it Glasgow ? Giessen ?

What would also be great would be drop-down lists for some of the options along the top, similar to the ones I made for wildwinds. They are so simple to do - even I manage to do them using html. That would save a lot of clicks and searching around.

e.g.

Search
  Simple Search
  Advanced Search

Volumes
  I
  II
  III
  IV  etc

Information
  Introduction
  Bibliography
  Submit a new type
  etc

Project
  Volumes
  Directors
  Advisory Board
  Authors
  Development
  Conventions
  Terms of Access

Offline Jerome M

• Procurator Monetae
  • Praetorian
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 04:30:16 pm »
>>There appears to be a source abbreviation missing from the Bibliography list. The letter G on its own.
>>It is given e.g. for coin 15722 (temporary)  as G: III, 481, no. 545 . Is it Glasgow ? Giessen ?
So you mean https://rpc.ashmus.ox.ac.uk/coins/4/15722
Well, click on Show at the end of the line, and then: oh! : "Glasgow, Hunterian Museum"! Clear enough.

>>What would also be great would be drop-down lists for some of the options along the top, similar to the ones I made for wildwinds. They are so simple to do - even I manage to do them using html. That would save a lot of clicks and searching around.
Well.... see my previous post.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity