Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 4500 coins on Mout Carmel  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Mauro Coca C

• Praetorian
4500 coins on Mout Carmel
« on: July 31, 2019, 10:38:36 am »
Hi guys!

Does anyone know of a report on the archaeological discovery of 4500 coins near Mount Carmel in 1960?

Thanks!

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Re: 4500 coins on Mout Carmel
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 11:17:15 am »
Do a Google search on "mount carmel coin hoard".....there are a lot of hits.  I'm not certain exactly what you're looking for, but this might be a good starting point.

Offline Mauro Coca C

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 11:49:55 am »

I want a detailed description of hoard coins.  The data that I find in Web is superficial.

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 01:35:19 pm »
… I want a detailed description of hoard coins.  ...
A detailed description of each of the 4500 coins, perhaps with illustrations? It's not sure that something like this exists  :-\.
Why do you need that?

… The data that I find in Web is superficial. ...
Perhaps your search has been superficial too  :). It seems a bit that you prefer to let do this by others  ;).

The original publication seems to be by Leo Kadman: http://chre.ashmus.ox.ac.uk/reference/2238
perhaps this can be a starting point for further search.

The announcement of an article by Cecilia Meir sounds as if there doesn't exist a full publication yet: http://www.ins.org.il/31/

Regards

Altamura

Offline Mauro Coca C

• Praetorian
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 10:03:20 pm »
I'm doing temple tax coin research.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity