Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Biblical & Judean Coins (Moderators: Salem Alshdaifat, Aarmale)  |  Topic: 4500 coins on Mout Carmel 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4500 coins on Mout Carmel  (Read 329 times)
Mauro Coca C
Legionary

« on: July 31, 2019, 08:38:36 am »

Hi guys!

Does anyone know of a report on the archaeological discovery of 4500 coins near Mount Carmel in 1960?

Thanks!
cmcdon0923
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 09:17:15 am »

Do a Google search on "mount carmel coin hoard".....there are a lot of hits.  I'm not certain exactly what you're looking for, but this might be a good starting point.

Mauro Coca C
Legionary

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 09:49:55 am »

I want a detailed description of hoard coins.  The data that I find in Web is superficial.
Altamura
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 11:35:19 am »

… I want a detailed description of hoard coins.  ...
A detailed description of each of the 4500 coins, perhaps with illustrations? It's not sure that something like this exists  Undecided.
Why do you need that?

… The data that I find in Web is superficial. ...
Perhaps your search has been superficial too  Smiley. It seems a bit that you prefer to let do this by others  Wink.

The original publication seems to be by Leo Kadman: http://chre.ashmus.ox.ac.uk/reference/2238
perhaps this can be a starting point for further search.

The announcement of an article by Cecilia Meir sounds as if there doesn't exist a full publication yet: http://www.ins.org.il/31/

Regards

Altamura
Mauro Coca C
Legionary

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 08:03:20 pm »

I'm doing temple tax coin research.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Biblical & Judean Coins (Moderators: Salem Alshdaifat, Aarmale)  |  Topic: 4500 coins on Mout Carmel « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop