Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: Dr. Danny S. Jones)  |  Topic: 9 or 34 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9 or 34  (Read 280 times)
the10thlegion
Consul

« on: July 07, 2019, 04:07:40 am »

Was doing some online research which led to a discussion and now I'm confused.

There was a coin for sale listed as RIC ii 9. The person I was talking to corrected me and said it was 34.

This caused me to dig around. For this post I will use images from the same dealer's web site on their sold coins (CNG). Some are listed as RIC 9 and others as RIC 34 while both reference RSC 268. I do have RSC and it cross references back to RIC 9

Someone shared a link to RIC online and what I'm seeing is RIC 9.

Where is RIC 34 coming from? ...  cuz I'm really lost now. I thought I knew what I was doing but now not so sure.
Pekka K
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

...one coin at a time...

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 04:38:54 am »

RIC II 9, 1st edition = RIC II 34, 2nd edition.

Pekka K

Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Leave the gun, take the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 05:59:26 am »

Pekka is correct.  Sometimes dealers don't update to the new RIC number. If you're looking at older auctions or resources it will still be the old reference number.

My Gallery: http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=18312

IG: @artisan.flooring
J. Grande
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: Dr. Danny S. Jones)  |  Topic: 9 or 34 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop