Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Other Types of Ancient Coins (Moderators: Bacchus, crawforde)  |  Topic: Large brass”coin” from Singapore 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Large brass”coin” from Singapore  (Read 179 times)
Bill W4
Consul

« on: July 01, 2019, 05:28:55 pm »

My son’s girlfriend at the time ( 20 some years ago) sent him this from Singapore.  It’ s big; 119mm and too heavy for my scale.  I assume it is a piece for tourists, but was wondering if anyone could read the symbols before I take it to the thrift store.  Thanks

I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!
shanxi
Tribunus Plebis 2018
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 02:08:52 pm »

Lucky charm

Obverse reads 招财通宝 zhao cai tong bao, meaning "brings money"

Bill W4
Consul

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 06:19:43 am »

Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Other Types of Ancient Coins (Moderators: Bacchus, crawforde)  |  Topic: Large brass”coin” from Singapore « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop