Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage  |  Topic: Your advice needed for cutting and cropping coins 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your advice needed for cutting and cropping coins  (Read 45662 times)
PtolemAE
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

PtolemyBronze.com

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2007, 11:13:54 pm »

This whole idea (deep bottomed white dish) prompted me to test it out and it works great.  I used a cylindrical translucent CD stack container cover with a white piece of paper in the bottom and a translucent plastic top to sit the coin about 4" over the white paper.  one light (compact flourescent) from above and a 2nd one that lights up only the white paper below (makes for a very bright white background) and that doesn't aim at the coin at all.  this makes for some nice photos solid white background with zero shadow and very good fidelity to the coin's actual color.  I'm gonna stick with it.  easy setup to use with my copy stand and Canon S50 'computer controlled' still cam.  nice going and thanks for the tips.

ptolemy

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage  |  Topic: Your advice needed for cutting and cropping coins « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop