Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Coins (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: Unpublished Aurelianus from Cyzicus mint 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unpublished Aurelianus from Cyzicus mint  (Read 378 times)
tetrico
Consul

Caius Pius Esuvius Tetricus - Princeps Iuventutis

« on: May 09, 2019, 04:44:50 am »

I want to share with you this unpublished piece of Aurelianus from Cyzicus mint:

D\ IMP AVRELIANVS AVG, ••; (bust D2)
R\ PROVIDENT AVG

this piece is a RIC 335var (not listed in RIC for this type of bust).
The RIC online show 3 different type of bust for this reverse, but not this one:

1) D1L,  RIC n. 2915 http://www.ric.mom.fr/en/coin/2915?tempRIC=&asmSelect0=&Reign=Aurelianus&asmSelect1=&asmSelect2=&asmSelect3=&asmSelect4=&asmSelect5=&asmSelect6=&Titulature=IMP+AVRELIANVS+AVG&asmSelect7=&asmSelect8=&ObverseMark=••&asmSelect9=&asmSelect10=&asmSelect11=&BustDescription=&ReverseDescription=&Note=&Reference=&page=1&hpp=50&mod=result&from=advanced
2) B1, RIC n. 2916 http://www.ric.mom.fr/en/coin/2916?tempRIC=&asmSelect0=&Reign=Aurelianus&asmSelect1=&asmSelect2=&asmSelect3=&asmSelect4=&asmSelect5=&asmSelect6=&Titulature=IMP+AVRELIANVS+AVG&asmSelect7=&asmSelect8=&ObverseMark=••&asmSelect9=&asmSelect10=&asmSelect11=&BustDescription=&ReverseDescription=&Note=&Reference=&page=1&hpp=50&mod=result&from=advanced

3) tipo B1L, RIC n. 2916 http://www.ric.mom.fr/en/coin/2917?tempRIC=&asmSelect0=&Reign=Aurelianus&asmSelect1=&asmSelect2=&asmSelect3=&asmSelect4=&asmSelect5=&asmSelect6=&Titulature=IMP+AVRELIANVS+AVG&asmSelect7=&asmSelect8=&ObverseMark=••&asmSelect9=&asmSelect10=&asmSelect11=&BustDescription=&ReverseDescription=&Note=&Reference=&page=1&hpp=50&mod=result&from=advanced

For all the type (1 to 3) the ric online shows only a specimen each
shanxi
Tribunus Plebis 2018
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 07:49:28 am »

If it's not in MER-RIC you should submit it:

http://www.ric.mom.fr/en/feedback/cointype

tetrico
Consul

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 10:47:18 pm »

Yes I have submitted the coin, but I have not received any response
quadrans
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 11:31:49 pm »

They are not responded, immediately,

Q.

Vincent
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 06:54:08 pm »

Wow. Nice one that I missed...must be early in his reign and somewhat sloppy execution of lettering, especially on the reverse, but it looks official.
Must be nice to own an unlisted issue. Thanks for posting.
tetrico
Consul

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 06:20:24 am »

Thanks Vincent!
The execution of lettering is not so good, but yes,  I think it's official.
I have some unlisted issue, but no one for Aurelianus!  Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Coins (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: Unpublished Aurelianus from Cyzicus mint « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop