Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Antiquities  |  Other Antiquities  |  Topic: Incised Pottery Fragment Caesarea M. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Incised Pottery Fragment Caesarea M.  (Read 279 times)
v-drome
Caesar

« on: April 20, 2019, 08:24:14 am »

Hi all.  Here is an attractive ceramic fragment that I have not been able to date.  Any clues as to the direction I should take would be appreciated.  I am thinking early Islamic, but coming from Caesarea it could be almost anything!  Thanks, V-drome

BCC CG14
Ceramic Fragment
Uncertain Date
Pottery fragment with incised
designs including leaves and
column?  The clay is fairly coarse,
slightly orange on the outside
and gray on the inside.  Unglazed.
9.2 cm. x 5.7 x 0.65 cm.
From the beach south of
Caesarea Maritima, 1974.

(Click for larger pic)
otlichnik
Tribunus Plebis 2016
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 09:27:24 am »

No idea.  I do suspect Islamic too - whether early or later.

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Antiquities  |  Other Antiquities  |  Topic: Incised Pottery Fragment Caesarea M. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop