Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Has anyone order from Bulgaria?  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Vincent

• Caesar
Has anyone order from Bulgaria?
« on: April 12, 2019, 07:57:09 am »
Just went on a search and found this site from Bulgaria. May be a museum publishing house?

https://bibliophilia.eu

Some titles are in English it seems,  and most in Bulgarian language.
Interested in Roman Provincial Coins from that region.
Has anyone experience from them and if so, what titles did you receive?
How expensive are the shipping costs.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
Re: Has anyone order from Bulgaria?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 11:14:41 pm »
I have done business with Bulgarian book sellers, the books I have received do have good information[ but the printing was not the best, However  I recently got

"The coins of the Byzantine Palaeologos family in the coin circulation of the Bulgarian Kingdom in period 1259–1396 by Konstantin Dochev"

It is a newly printed book in two volumes, the second volume was bilingual , Bulgarian and English. The plates were much nicer than Bulgarian books in the past and the author included very good line drawings right next to the coins, I thought the book was worth the price but I did not buy it from the site you mentioned ,d I got a deal from another  seller in Bulgaria. I paid about 120usd for 2 books and secure shipping. 
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 05:16:28 am »
I receive regularly from Prof. Jekov "Hristova-Hoeft-Jekov, The Coins of Moesia Inferior (1st–3rd c. AD): Nicopolis ad Istrum. The last edition is from 2019. The books are printed on demand in good quality. The shipping from Bulgaria to Germany is €12.65 (both EU countries).

Best regards

Offline Vincent

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 06:22:40 pm »
Thank you both! Looks good to me and  will report back on my outcome.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity