Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Identification Help (Moderators: Varangian, Arados)  |  Topic: Reference for Philip ! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reference for Philip !  (Read 149 times)
solon
Caesar

« on: March 14, 2019, 02:06:45 pm »

The weight is also around 4.00g. and the coin seems to belong to Philip of Prusa ad Olympum but I had no luck finding any reference for this last coin!

Thank you for your help and time.

shanxi
Tribunus Plebis 2018
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 02:39:50 pm »

Eros reverse, probably ANS 1944.100.42358, but without picture.

http://numismatics.org/collection/1944.100.42358

Mark Fox
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 03:00:13 pm »

Dear Solon, Ralf, & Board,

There is a die-identical specimen of this Prusa ad Olympum type for Philip I pictured on Francis Jarman's website/catalog: Eros on Roman Provincial Coinage:

http://eroscoin.blogspot.com/2011/03/type-07-eros-holding-torch-downwards.html

Again, only the ANS catalog number is cited as a "reference."  For his research, Francis probably would appreciate knowing the diameter, weight, and die axis of your coin, Solon. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

solon
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 08:05:25 am »

Thank you Ralf and thanks to you also Mark (I have sent a mail to Francis Jarman, I hope it helps).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Identification Help (Moderators: Varangian, Arados)  |  Topic: Reference for Philip ! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop