Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Reference for Philip !  (Read 403 times)

Offline solon

• Caesar
Reference for Philip !
« on: March 14, 2019, 04:06:45 pm »

The weight is also around 4.00g. and the coin seems to belong to Philip of Prusa ad Olympum but I had no luck finding any reference for this last coin!

Thank you for your help and time.

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: Reference for Philip !
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 04:39:50 pm »
Eros reverse, probably ANS 1944.100.42358, but without picture.

http://numismatics.org/collection/1944.100.42358

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 05:00:13 pm »
Dear Solon, Ralf, & Board,

There is a die-identical specimen of this Prusa ad Olympum type for Philip I pictured on Francis Jarman's website/catalog: Eros on Roman Provincial Coinage:

http://eroscoin.blogspot.com/2011/03/type-07-eros-holding-torch-downwards.html

Again, only the ANS catalog number is cited as a "reference."  For his research, Francis probably would appreciate knowing the diameter, weight, and die axis of your coin, Solon. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

Offline solon

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 10:05:25 am »

Thank you Ralf and thanks to you also Mark (I have sent a mail to Francis Jarman, I hope it helps).

All coins are guaranteed for eternity