Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Lischin catalogue?  (Read 1046 times)

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
Lischin catalogue?
« on: March 09, 2019, 07:44:41 pm »
I notice that Imhoof, Pick and other early 20th c. German authors often cite a "Lischin Katalog". I cannot find out any information about it. Does anyone know anything about it ? Was it a collection catalog, a sales catalog or what ? And it is available online as a pdf anywhere ?

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Lischin catalogue?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 04:29:50 am »
It seems to be this one: https://www.zotero.org/groups/163139/thrakien/items/itemKey/KKH3ARNI
But I didn't find it online  :(.

Regards

Altamura

Offline helvetica

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 11:41:51 am »
Thanks for the information. Imhoof and Pick spell the name without the final "e" which was confusing.
I was hoping to find it on gallica or archive.org but neither have it. Bern and Basel university libraries don't have a copy but the ANS apparently has one.

Well at least I know now which work Imhoof and Pick etc. are citing.

Offline gordian_guy

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 01:39:11 pm »

I have been hunting for this catalog for ages, and every time I think I am close (it was printed in c 1902, so one might think it available online somewhere), it fades into the mist and after a few days of hunting I give up, until something reminds me, again, on average a year or so apart, and I hunt again!

c.rhodes

Offline helvetica

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 08:50:20 pm »
Same here for the Gréau catalog.
AND with the second part of the hand-written Cousinéry collection manuscript which Paris loaned to Athens museum in the mid-1800s and never got back again. Gallica has the first part but the second part (which included all of Asia Minor etc.) is probably rotting away in a box in the basement of Athens museum. Such a shame.

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 12:10:38 pm »
Dear Dane, Altamura, Charley, and Board,

If it helps at all, the ANS Library carries a copy:

https://donum.numismatics.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=105282

I requested one or more scans or photocopies of it for my Sestus coin research several years back.

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

All coins are guaranteed for eternity