Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Cornel Supera AVG  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Mathilde B

• Legionary
Cornel Supera AVG
« on: March 05, 2019, 09:29:33 pm »
Hello,

I've got an ancient coin, Cornelia Supera: Cornel Supera AVG. According to the pictures can you please help me to know its value? I would like more information about it.
Also do you have any tips to clean it?

Thank you very much

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
Re: Cornel Supera AVG
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 09:40:46 pm »
I'm not an expert in that era, but you should not attempt to clean it under any circumstances.   You will do much more harm to its value than any good.   The Empress is fairly rare, and if the coin is authentic, it would be a good coin to have.

That being said, the coin does not look normal in those photos.  You will need to post better photos and weight and diameter to get better advice.  Try checking the Fake Coin Reports section above to see if there is a match.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 03:24:53 am »
You will also need to post the weight, the diameter, and understand that we do not discuss value here. A quick perusal of the rules will help.

- Peter

Offline Mathilde B

• Legionary
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 03:40:18 am »
Thank you so much for your answer! Do you know which era this coin is from? It will help me to know if it's a fake one or not  :)
I unfortunately already rubbed it with a cloth, I hope I didn't do any damage...

Its diameter is 2mm.
Its weight is around 4gr. But I don't have precise weights, I will find this and do better pictures.

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 04:35:39 am »

Offline Mathilde B

• Legionary
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 05:06:31 am »
Yes you're right. My coin is the same than the one on the pictures... Thank you very much for your research, it helps a lot.

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 08:43:05 am »
Several examples in Forvm Fake reports too.

Offline Mathilde B

• Legionary
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 03:10:34 pm »
What a deception! But thank you very much for your help.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity