Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: Dr. Danny S. Jones)  |  Topic: Cornel Supera AVG 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cornel Supera AVG  (Read 675 times)
Mathilde B
Legionary

« on: March 05, 2019, 07:29:33 pm »

Hello,

I've got an ancient coin, Cornelia Supera: Cornel Supera AVG. According to the pictures can you please help me to know its value? I would like more information about it.
Also do you have any tips to clean it?

Thank you very much
PMah
Consul

Still Rusty in 2019

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 07:40:46 pm »

I'm not an expert in that era, but you should not attempt to clean it under any circumstances.   You will do much more harm to its value than any good.   The Empress is fairly rare, and if the coin is authentic, it would be a good coin to have.

That being said, the coin does not look normal in those photos.  You will need to post better photos and weight and diameter to get better advice.  Try checking the Fake Coin Reports section above to see if there is a match.

Enodia
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

~ For My Star ~

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 01:24:53 am »

You will also need to post the weight, the diameter, and understand that we do not discuss value here. A quick perusal of the rules will help.

- Peter

Mathilde B
Legionary

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 01:40:18 am »

Thank you so much for your answer! Do you know which era this coin is from? It will help me to know if it's a fake one or not  Smiley
I unfortunately already rubbed it with a cloth, I hope I didn't do any damage...

Its diameter is 2mm.
Its weight is around 4gr. But I don't have precise weights, I will find this and do better pictures.
Pekka K
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

...one coin at a time...

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 02:35:39 am »

Looks like reported fake:

http://www.forgerynetwork.com/asset.aspx?id=qmTl5wZiciE=

Pekka K

Mathilde B
Legionary

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 03:06:31 am »

Yes you're right. My coin is the same than the one on the pictures... Thank you very much for your research, it helps a lot.
maridvnvm
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 06:43:05 am »

Several examples in Forvm Fake reports too.
Mathilde B
Legionary

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 01:10:34 pm »

What a deception! But thank you very much for your help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: Dr. Danny S. Jones)  |  Topic: Cornel Supera AVG « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop