Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Pictures rotate 90 degrees. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pictures rotate 90 degrees.  (Read 747 times)
Hello There
Praetorian

« on: February 16, 2019, 02:38:35 pm »

When posting pictures on threads, they rotate 90 degrees. When I click to enlarge the picture, they rotate back to normal. I am using my phone to take a picture and upload it. Can anyone help me figure out why. I am using my phone to take pictures and upload them.
Stkp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 06:23:17 pm »

I've noticed that as well when I take photos on my phone. Stkp

PeterD
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

omnium curiositatum explorator

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 08:32:51 am »

The reason is that the picture records the orientation of the phone-cam, i.e. portrait or landscape, and automatically rotates it on a computer to appear correctly.

I don't use a phone for taking pictures, but I imagine saving the picture under a different name and manually rotating it if necessary would solve the problem.

Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context http://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia
Hello There
Praetorian

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 04:35:31 pm »

Just testing.
Hello There
Praetorian

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 04:37:10 pm »

Test
Hello There
Praetorian

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 04:38:12 pm »

The reason is that the picture records the orientation of the phone-cam, i.e. portrait or landscape, and automatically rotates it on a computer to appear correctly.

I don't use a phone for taking pictures, but I imagine saving the picture under a different name and manually rotating it if necessary would solve the problem.

Looks like I need to hold the phone horizontally to get the pictures to position correctly. Thank you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Pictures rotate 90 degrees. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop