Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING!!! WE ARE OPEN AND SHIPPING!!! We Are Working From Home, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks, And Sanitizing To Pack Orders!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958 Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING!!! WE ARE OPEN AND SHIPPING!!! We Are Working From Home, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks, And Sanitizing To Pack Orders!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Pictures rotate 90 degrees. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pictures rotate 90 degrees.  (Read 2070 times)
Hello There
Praetorian

« on: February 16, 2019, 02:38:35 pm »

When posting pictures on threads, they rotate 90 degrees. When I click to enlarge the picture, they rotate back to normal. I am using my phone to take a picture and upload it. Can anyone help me figure out why. I am using my phone to take pictures and upload them.
Stkp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 06:23:17 pm »

I've noticed that as well when I take photos on my phone. Stkp

PeterD
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

omnium curiositatum explorator

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 08:32:51 am »

The reason is that the picture records the orientation of the phone-cam, i.e. portrait or landscape, and automatically rotates it on a computer to appear correctly.

I don't use a phone for taking pictures, but I imagine saving the picture under a different name and manually rotating it if necessary would solve the problem.

Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia
Hello There
Praetorian

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 04:35:31 pm »

Just testing.

* image.jpg (981.21 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 41 times.)

* image.jpg (1055.83 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 41 times.)
Hello There
Praetorian

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 04:37:10 pm »

Test

* image.jpg (779.5 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 40 times.)
Hello There
Praetorian

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 04:38:12 pm »

The reason is that the picture records the orientation of the phone-cam, i.e. portrait or landscape, and automatically rotates it on a computer to appear correctly.

I don't use a phone for taking pictures, but I imagine saving the picture under a different name and manually rotating it if necessary would solve the problem.

Looks like I need to hold the phone horizontally to get the pictures to position correctly. Thank you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Discussion Board and Website Help (Moderators: Joe Sermarini, Sorin Teodor)  |  Topic: Pictures rotate 90 degrees. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop