Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Pictures rotate 90 degrees.  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Hello There

• Praetorian
Pictures rotate 90 degrees.
« on: February 16, 2019, 04:38:35 pm »
When posting pictures on threads, they rotate 90 degrees. When I click to enlarge the picture, they rotate back to normal. I am using my phone to take a picture and upload it. Can anyone help me figure out why. I am using my phone to take pictures and upload them.

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Pictures rotate 90 degrees.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 08:23:17 pm »
I've noticed that as well when I take photos on my phone. Stkp

Offline PeterD

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • omnium curiositatum explorator
    • Historia
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 10:32:51 am »
The reason is that the picture records the orientation of the phone-cam, i.e. portrait or landscape, and automatically rotates it on a computer to appear correctly.

I don't use a phone for taking pictures, but I imagine saving the picture under a different name and manually rotating it if necessary would solve the problem.
Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia

Offline Hello There

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 06:35:31 pm »
Just testing.

Offline Hello There

• Praetorian
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 06:37:10 pm »
Test

Offline Hello There

• Praetorian
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 06:38:12 pm »
The reason is that the picture records the orientation of the phone-cam, i.e. portrait or landscape, and automatically rotates it on a computer to appear correctly.

I don't use a phone for taking pictures, but I imagine saving the picture under a different name and manually rotating it if necessary would solve the problem.

Looks like I need to hold the phone horizontally to get the pictures to position correctly. Thank you.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity