Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Antiquities  |  Fibulae and Clothing Items (Moderators: otlichnik, Jay GT4)  |  Topic: Ancient Ring 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ancient Ring  (Read 233 times)
SeptimusT
Praetorian

« on: February 16, 2019, 01:12:28 pm »

I acquired this in a lot of other antiquities, but I don't know enough about ancient rings to guess at a time period. I haven't been able to find a very good online source detailing the different styles over time.

The design on the ring appears to depict two figures embracing, or one of the figures reaching out to the other. Forgive the poor impression imagery, it was all I could manage with what was on hand. The ring is unfortunately broken and repaired, and so the shape is deformed and the impression partially interrupted. The design reminds me of example 485 here: http://romanlocks.com/Seal%20Boxes.htm
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Antiquities  |  Fibulae and Clothing Items (Moderators: otlichnik, Jay GT4)  |  Topic: Ancient Ring « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop