Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING UNTIL 3 SEPTEMBER Layaway and reserve are not available during the sale. Shop now and save! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING UNTIL 3 SEPTEMBER Shop now and save! Please support Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Antiquities  |  Other Metal Antiquities (Moderator: otlichnik)  |  Topic: Knife 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knife  (Read 400 times)
kitov
Consul

« on: February 10, 2019, 10:24:51 pm »

Please help for the period.
otlichnik
Tribunus Plebis 2016
IMPERATOR
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 06:22:15 am »

Very nice.

I can't help you with date but the shape of the pommel - long and thin - is likely the key to identifying it.

If I ever see anything like it in resources I will let you know.

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)
kitov
Consul

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 09:22:46 am »

Very nice.

I can't help you with date but the shape of the pommel - long and thin - is likely the key to identifying it.

If I ever see anything like it in resources I will let you know.

SC

Thank you Mr.Shawn.I'm grateful to you!
Best regards,Kitov
Plumbata
Legionary

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 09:57:27 pm »

I agree that the pommel is an important diagnostic, I'm not well versed in medieval daggers but it looks 14th century (give or take a century) to me. Nice find!
kitov
Consul

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 11:26:09 pm »

I agree that the pommel is an important diagnostic, I'm not well versed in medieval daggers but it looks 14th century (give or take a century) to me. Nice find!
Thank you Plumbata
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Antiquities  |  Other Metal Antiquities (Moderator: otlichnik)  |  Topic: Knife « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop