Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 1 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Knife  (Read 1107 times)

Offline kitov

• Consul
Knife
« on: February 11, 2019, 12:24:51 am »
Please help for the period.

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Knife
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:22:15 am »
Very nice.

I can't help you with date but the shape of the pommel - long and thin - is likely the key to identifying it.

If I ever see anything like it in resources I will let you know.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline kitov

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 11:22:46 am »
Very nice.

I can't help you with date but the shape of the pommel - long and thin - is likely the key to identifying it.

If I ever see anything like it in resources I will let you know.

SC

Thank you Mr.Shawn.I'm grateful to you!
Best regards,Kitov

Offline Plumbata

• Legionary
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 11:57:27 pm »
I agree that the pommel is an important diagnostic, I'm not well versed in medieval daggers but it looks 14th century (give or take a century) to me. Nice find!

Offline kitov

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 01:26:09 am »
I agree that the pommel is an important diagnostic, I'm not well versed in medieval daggers but it looks 14th century (give or take a century) to me. Nice find!
Thank you Plumbata

All coins are guaranteed for eternity