Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Chinese Coin Collectors in the San Francisco Bay Area?  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Marius

• Consul
    • 249-253AD  Four Bad Years
Chinese Coin Collectors in the San Francisco Bay Area?
« on: March 08, 2019, 08:09:22 pm »
Two years ago I moved to Chinese Camp, California, a Gold Rush town that had many Chinese Miners.  We occasionally find Chinese Cash coins in the ground .  I suspect they were used by the Chinese as gambling tokens, or maybe for commerce among themselves.
I've taken an interest in Chinese History and coins.  Are there Chinese Coin collectors on this list that live in the SF Bay area?  I would love to meet and talk about Chinese Coins.  Anyone who wants a tour of the Chinese Camp ghost town is welcome to visit too (I also collect local fossils and minerals)

Richard Beale
marius1@sonic.net
249-253 AD:  Four Bad Years (my website devoted to Roman coins 249-253 AD)
Richard Marius Beale
Four Bad Years:  http://sonic.net/~marius1/mysite/

All coins are guaranteed for eternity